Conversation about the future of the potential development south of K-10 is planned for Thursday.
The city will have a special meeting to host a work session with Vieste, the company the city is paying to help plan the site. Earlier this summer, the city extended a contract with Vieste through October.
The plan is to create a development anchored with youth sports and other family entertainment entities. Conversations about this plan have been ongoing for multiple years.
The plan was for Vieste to provide multiple versions of ways to go about the new entertainment district, including using STAR bonds and other funding sources. This all depends on the layout, size and interest from commercial business, Assistant City Manager Zack Daniel said in an interview in July.
Daniel said at the time the state was still supportive of the project in its original conceptualization, but the scope of the project could change.
The meeting Thursday will be mostly led by Vieste, Daniel said.
The meeting will begin at 5:30 p.m. at the public safety building and is open to the public. It’s also available on Zoom. A link to that is provided at the bottom of the agenda.
**The location of the meeting was corrected.